A healthy body is capable of detoxifying itself, and several specific supplements enhance its natural system of detoxification. They are:
1. Mixed carotenoids — such as those found in supplements composed of D. Salina (a type of algae found in sea salt ponds) —contain astaxanthin, zeaxanthin, beta-carotene, alphacarotene, cryptoxanthin and lycopene. These significantly improve both phase I and phase II detoxification.
2. Flavonoids. Curcumin, quercetin, hesperidin, ellagic acid, naringenin and other flavonoids enhance phase II detoxification. They also protect liver cells and other tissues and organs. They are all powerful antioxidants and more versatile than the antioxidant vitamins. (To read my special report on vitamins "Key Vitamins that Save Your Heart, Prevent Cancer and Keep You Living Long," go here
3. N-acetyl-L-carnitine (NAC) — in a dose of 1,000 mg twice a day — significantly improves cell glutathione levels. It should always be taken during a meal, because it can cause cramping and esophageal burning if taken on an empty stomach. Two capsules of DGL Plus (Pure Encapsulations company) mixed with 4 ounces of water will stop the cramping and burning, should it occur.
4. Taurine in a dose of 500 mg twice a day supplies the liver with sulfur, which is used in detoxification.
5. Indole-3 carbinol improves phase II detoxification. The dose is 250 to 500 mg twice a day with a meal.
For more of Dr. Blaylock's weekly tips, go here
to view the archive.
© 2014 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.