Question: What is in Splenda that makes it harmful?
Dr. Blaylock's Answer:
Splenda (sucralose) belongs to a class of compounds called chlorocarbons. This class of
highly reactive chemicals includes carbontetrachloride and several pesticides. Like those other compounds, sucralose was shown to cause liver and kidney damage in animal testing. Chlorine is highly reactive in tissues when combined with carbon atoms.
To make sucralose, manufacturers combine three atoms of chlorine to the sugar molecule. A number of people reported problems when using this product, and the limited research done on it before approval found, in addition to liver and kidney damage, intense skin reactions, damage to the thymus gland, and immune impairment. It is always better to err on the side of caution and avoid this sweetener.
Defenders of Splenda safety point out that salt also contains chlorine. First of all, salt in excess is highly toxic to many tissues. Second, it is not a chlorocarbon; it is composed of sodium and chlorine.
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.